This morning, I had a sit down conversation with my nine year old son, Stephen Josiah. I thought I'd ask him some random questions and jot down his answers. All the answers are in his own words verbatim. The coffee's hot, the laptop's out, so here we go:
1. How should a grown man act?
Respectful, reliable, kind, loving,caring, and loyal.
2. What should men do with their lives?
Serve God with them. Use them for good. Serve others.
3. What kind of woman should a man marry?
A Christian woman. A woman that is using her life for God's will.
4. Why do you think a lot of men do bad things?
Because, the main reason is, they're not Christians, and because they try and act cool in front of others, like when they use drugs and guns.
5. How should a husband treat his wife?
With love, kindness, and respectfulness.
6. What's the best part about growing up in our home?
Being able to learn a lot of new things. Being able to see a lot of people.
7. What's the hardest thing about growing up in our home?
Getting hurt by tripping over things, like rocks.
8. What does the Lord want you to do with your life?
Probably to serve Him and to serve others.
9. What's your favorite book or story in the bible?
My favorite story is the story about Jesus. I like how He answers people and is never wrong.
10. Why did Jesus die on the cross?
To take away our sins if we become a Christian, and to let us go to heaven instead of hell.